TermRewards are rewards for long-term SmartCash holders. Users can lock their coins for periods of 1, 2 and 3 years and receive quarterly rewards. The rewards payments will not be locked and will be available for spending or sending to a SmartRewards activated addres s.
The minimum amount for TermRewards activation is 1 million SMART (sent in one transaction). There is no maximum amount you can send or maximum number of addresses in a wallet that can qualify. The activation process consists of sending a special transaction with a timelock with SmartCash Node Client. TermRewards yearly yields are currently: 1 Year Term - 35%, 2 Year Term - 40%, 3 Year Term - 45%.
Note: TermRewards yields may change based on participation rate. Existing TermRewards rates will stay the same if there is a yield change.
- Download and install SmartCash Node Сlient.
- Buy SmartCash using exchanges and send coins to an address in your wallet. To activate TermRewards you need at least 1 million SMART.
- Open the "Send" tab. In the “Pay To” field paste address that you want to activate.
Enter the amount - 1 mil SMART and more or just click «Use Available Balance»
At the bottom of the wallet, you will see a field labeled "LockTime or TermRewards", click on it and select TermRewards via the drop-down menu. You can choose the locking time for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.Be careful: after sending this type of transaction, your funds will not be spendable for a year or more! There is no way to cancel or reverse a transaction after it is sent. You will be able to move rewards earned to a different address and spend them
- Click the «Send» button, read the message and confirm the lock time is correct, and confirm the transaction by entering your password. Done!
- After sending the transaction and receiving confirmation in the network, once you restart your wallet you will see the activated address in the “TermRewards” tab where you can see the balance of your address, term, yearly yield and expiration date.
- When sending other transactions you will see your input is locked until the time specified.